Important COVID-19 Update
Home > Important COVID-19 Updates
Important COVID-19 Update
Information for Tenants
- UPDATED 23 SEPTEMBER 2020 -
Currently all branch offices and community hubs are now open are operating as close to normal as possible.
Our staff are working tirelessly to keep our tenants and visitors to our locations safe and we are proud to say that all locations are registered COVID Safe Workplaces.
From time to time Compass may need to close some of our branch/hub locations in regions where there are COVID-19 outbreaks and active cases.
If unsure, please call 1300 333 733 before attending any Compass office or check this page for updates.
Social distancing and other precautionary measures will remain in place to ensure community safety. Face to face meetings with Compass staff will be available by appointment, and visitors may be required to undergo screening measures prior to entering the premises.
Screening measures may include:
- Visual assessment for symptoms of illness. Visitors with obvious symptoms of illness will not be permitted to enter the office.
- A temperature check using a non-contact thermometer. Anyone recording a temperature of 37.6 degrees Celsius or above will not be permitted to enter the office.
Clients who are unable to enter the office for any reason will still be able to access our services by contacting the Compass call centre on 1300 333 733, or via our website at www.compasshousing.org/contact
Urgent and emergency maintenance work will continue to be delivered under the same social distancing and precautionary arrangements as have been in place since the beginning of the outbreak.
The safety of our communities remains our top priority. We will continue to monitor the situation in the weeks ahead and will provide further updates to our operating procedures as and when things change.
If you have any questions about any of this information, please get in touch by calling 1300 333 733.
- Keep up to date with the latest information about COVID-19 by visiting the Australian Department of Health website www.health.gov.au
- The Council for Intellectual Disability has released this Easy Read publication Staying safe from Coronavirus Staying-safe-from-Coronavirus-council-intellectual-disability-Mar2020.pdf
- The NDIS has released an Easy Read version of their NDIS response to Coronavirus (COVID-19) PB ER Coronavirus PDF_1.pdf
Information for Compass Contractors
Reporting COVID-19 Diagnosis or Close Contact
If any of your staff, or subcontractors, are diagnosed with COVID-19, or have been in close contact with someone who has subsequently been diagnosed, please lodge an incident report through our online reporting platform at https://compass.tod.net.au/incidents/new/a4bd4361d434f7789eb801afd2957a5b
We note that not all the fields will be applicable to these circumstances. Please provide as much information as practical without compromising the privacy of the individual/s in question.
Adopting this process will allow us to keep staff and tenants informed about any potential risk of infection and ensure appropriate steps can be taken in response.
If you have any questions about the new processes or reporting requirements, please don’t hesitate to get in touch on 1300 333 733.