How do I apply for community housing?

You can apply for all types of community housing using an Application for Housing Assistance.

You can lodge your application with any social housing provider in NSW, either in person or by mail. This includes all Compass Housing Branch Offices & Housing NSW local offices and all other participating community housing providers. You can find details of where you can lodge your application on the Housing Pathways website.

An initial assessment of your application will be made by the social housing provider you lodge your form with. If you appear to be eligible for social housing, will be placed on the social housing wait-list. If we need more information, you may also be asked to come to an interview.

Click Application for Housing Assistance to download a Community Housing Application Form, this form must also be accompanied with social housing supplement form, alternatively contact your local branch office for more details or to book an appointment.

Applicants please note Application Forms and additional documentation can only either be handed to a staff member at our branch office locations or by post. Please note faxed copies of applications cannot be processed.


What evidence do I need to attach?

Information about the type of evidence we need is in the Evidence Requirements Information Sheet. This is available from your local housing office or from the Housing Pathways website.

For additional information regarding Housing Pathways, applying for social housing & social housing please visit Housing Pathways.