Appeals are made in response to a decision we have made which you believe is wrong or unfair.
If you are a Compass Housing applicant or tenant, you can appeal our decisions, this also includes applicants making an application for housing. and unhappy about our decision - you can appeal it by going through our internal complaints and appeals process. If you are still dissatisfied you can progress the matter through the Housing Appeals Committee. More information on the Housing Appeals committed can be found at www.hac.nsw.gov.au.
- Obtain a copy of the Appeals Form from your local branch office or by downloading a Appeal Request Form.
- Lodge the Appeal Form to your Housing Manager (or applicable branch office). Include any new information since the original decision. You will receive a letter confirming receipt of your appeal as soon as practicable and advisement of what will happen next.
- You can request an interview, if deemed necessary, you can bring a friend or advocate for help or support. Please advise Compass Housing if you require an interpreter.
- The relevant Operations Officer shall review the decision based on a brief provided by your Housing Manager and make a determination on your appeal;
- Notwithstanding this decision can than be appealed to the Complaints & Appeals Committee. The Complaints and Appeals Committee , which includes the Chief Executive Officer shall make a determination and respond to the complainant.
If you are not happy with the decision made on your application and you wish to appeal, you can write to Compass Housing, obtain an appeals package from any Compass Housing office, or download online from Appeal Request Form. Completed Appeal Request forms, together with any support documentation, should be forwarded to Central Administration Office.
Central Administration Office
Suite 1/44 Beaumont Street
PO BOX 967
HAMILTON NSW 2303
P 02 4920 2600 • F 02 4961 5250