Some Maintenance Items are Your Responsibility
Tenants can be held accountable for:
- Damage to walls and doors by furniture, wall posters or careless picture hanging.
- Damage to floor coverings, window treatments or furnishings by burns, stains, etc.
- Cost of clearing blocked drains, should they become blocked through misuse.
- Electrical fuses or circuits damaged by the tenant(s) using faulty electrical appliances.
- Eradication of household pests and vermin such as mice, cockroaches, ants, and fleas, that can be directly attributed to tenant standards or pets.
- Upkeep of lawns and garden areas, including reticulation systems.
- Replacement of lost keys.
The cost of repairing any damage, blockage, breakage or defect in and around your house which is not the result of fair wear and tear, is generally your responsibility. Our agents can carry out repairs at your expense or you may choose to employ a local contractor.