Compass Housing welcomes complaints and views them as a way to improve its service and be accountable to tenants.
The following is important to remember about our appeals and complaints systems:
- Compass Housing will acknowledge your formal appeal and complaint in writing as soon as practicable.
- You will receive a response within 21 days of your appeal/complaint being lodged.
- You have the right to use an advocate or a friend to assist you throughout the process.
- Complaints received will be recorded in an appropriate manner .
- Complaint and appeals process will be communicated to applicants and tenants in appropriate formats.
- Compass Housing will respond to complaints in a confidential, effective and timely manner.
- The Housing Appeals Committee cannot consider your appeal until you have first used Compass Housing’s Appeal System
- For more information on the Housing Appeals Committee call 1800 629 794 or go to www.hac.nsw.gov.au
- You can also raise your complaint with Community Housing Division, Housing NSW call 8753 8280 or go to www.housing.nsw.gov.au