Compass Housing actively encourages tenants to get involved and play a part in shaping the delivery of social housing through tenant participation and consultation.
Tenant Participation aims to build partnerships between tenants and Compass Housing to:
- Improve the skills, knowledge and ultimately the quality of life of social housing tenants ;
- Support and strengthen communities, and;
- Improve the way social housing is delivered and managed.
Tenant Participation initiatives include:
Tenant Engagement Panel:
Compass Tenant Engagement Panel (CTEP) – Compass Housing has a Tenant Engagement Panel which actively participates in policy development and deals with a variety of tenant issues including activities, property maintenance, security and much more.
If you would like more information about participating in CTEP please email: email@example.com
Compass Housing also encourages our tenants to form tenant groups within their community or in their unit complex. We assist in setting the groups up, and arranging morning or afternoon tea. We have recently assisted in setting up a tenant run market stall at Scone Markets where tenants sell their produce, arts, crafts and woodwork.
Tenant Incentive Scheme:
Tenants are encouraged to perform well in their tenancies through the Compass Housing Tenant Incentive Program. This program has been set up to reward our best performing tenants. Each month housing managers give each tenant a score based upon their tenancy performance, according to set criteria i.e. on time rent payments, invoice payments, bond payments and for maintaining dwellings that are clean and tidy. At the end of the year the best perfotenants are ranked according to their score throughout the year. The best performing tenants are graded in the following categories – gold, silver and bronze. All tenants who reach the gold category are invited to a special lunch at the end of the year as a reward from the company for their excellent performance and receive 20% off bus trips and other social events. Prizes are also drawn for tenants who reach gold, silver and bronze levels. The major prizes last year were for $1000 cash and $500 cash.
For more information on this scheme please view our Tenant Incentive Scheme Flyer
Tenant Community Forums:
Tenant Community Forums - Earlier in 2010 the Board of Directors resolved that they would like tenant based community forums to take place in various places within our sphere of operation.
The forums serve the purposes of:
- Informing tenants of changes that are happening at Compass Housing;
- Find out what Compass Housing is doing well at and any areas for improvement
- Ascertain whether tenants wish to have Compass Housing represent them in relation to community issues
- Allow CTEP to advertise their group and recruit interest, as well as inform the tenants of the various tenant based programs available to them in their community
- Allow the promotion of Community Development & GROW (TSP)
- Advise tenants of the complaints and appeals process. Tenants are given copies of Compass Housing’s Policies & Procedures in relation to the Complaints & Appeals process
Compass Housing seeks feedback from tenants through its Annual Tenant Satisfaction Survey. This is one of the best ways to ensure we continue to provide high quality housing services. Our quality services delivery is evident by the consistently high and improving tenant satisfaction.
Social Events & Activities
Compass Housing also has a social event calendar over all areas of operation which includes activities to encourage tenant involvement and social inclusion. We are experienced in organising social events and activities for our tenants and we involve tenants by asking them what events and activities they would like to take part in.
We offer a wide range of social and recreational activities such as craft groups, hobby groups, computer classes, BBQ’s, luncheons, bus trips, picnics and more which will benefit the tenants by involving them within their community. These programs and activities combined with educational programs about health and active living create opportunities for the tenants to live healthier happier lifestyles.
Tenant Work Opportunities
Are you interested in earning a few extra dollars?
Even if you have no prior experience, JobQuest can help you with training & employment. JobQuest is looking for people interested in lawn mowing & cleaning. PP&E is supplied.
JobQuest’s depot is located at Mayfield. The only requirement is that you can make your own way to the depot.
If you are interested, contact Lisa Berry on 02 4960 9024 & advise her that you are a Compass tenant.
Samaritans Lawn & Garden Care have job vacancies for people who meet the following criteria:
• Must be 18yrs old and over.
• Must have a diagnosed mental illness.
• Must be on disability support pension.
• Minimum requirement one day per week .
• Hours: 7.30am – 3.30pm .
• Available to work Mon-Fri.
Training provided, please phone 02 4924 6851 to apply.