Compass Housing is a nationally recognised and innovative Community Housing Provider who is passionate about delivering the best outcomes possible for our tenants. Our mission is to see that all people have appropriate and affordable shelter.
About the role
We are currently seeking a Housing Access Officer to join our team located in Muswellbrook on a permanent part time basis – working Monday & Friday’s. Reporting to the Executive Manager Housing Access you will be responsible for ensuring the timely allocation of properties and effective delivery of client services to those seeking housing assistance.
You will have the skills, ability and willingness to work with a diverse range of people, have a proactive approach to your tasks and possess excellent customer service skills. You will be able to adapt to changing requests and deadlines and possess strong organisational skills.
You will bring to this role your ability and experience in:
- Managing the intake, assessment and approval process for new applicants to the Social Housing Register and internal requests for transfer;
- Facilitating the delivery of Temporary Accommodation;
- Facilitate and/or deliver Private Rental Assistance products;
- Providing relevant stakeholders with information on applying for and access Housing Services for their clients;
- Responding to telephone, written, email and face-to-face enquiries regarding Housing Services;
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of legislation and guidelines and working relationships with other community services;
- Demonstrated commitment to working across the business to provide the best outcomes for tenants and our organisation;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Effective time management and prioritisation.
Essential Selection Criteria
To be considered for the role, you must address these criteria in your application.
- Minimum 12 months experience in the social or community housing sector;
- Sound understanding of Housing Pathways Policy and HOMES and RM8 OneTRIM;
- Demonstrated highly developed organisation skills and the ability to undertake tasks independently;
- Well developed and effective interpersonal, de-escalation and communication skills;
- Demonstrated understanding of sustainability through contributing to more efficient workplace processes;
- Certificate IV in Social Housing or community services is desirable but not essential;
- Computer literate with the ability to use the Microsoft Office suite
- Current drivers licence
In addition to an attractive salary package the successful applicant will also have access to:
Salary packaging of $15,900 tax-free pay per fringe benefit year to increase your take home pay (details via Prosperity Advisers)
- Annual training allowance and paid study days
- Flexible working arrangements either a 19-day month or 9-day fortnight (based on working additional hours of work)
- Access to KPI bonus system following the minimum employment period
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
How to apply:
When applying, please ensure you address the key selection criteria as part of your application.
Confidential enquiries may be made by contacting Arlene Rowland, Human Resource Officer on 02 4920 2600 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be reviewed on receipt.
Please note, agency referrals will not be accepted for this role.