Compass Housing is a nationally recognised and innovative Community Housing Provider who is passionate about delivering the best outcomes possible for our tenants. Our mission is to see that all people have appropriate and affordable shelter.
About the role
We are currently seeking a Tenant Engagement Officer to join our team based in Muswellbrook.
The primary aim of the role is to work collaboratively with our Tenancy Management team to provide connections to services that empower tenants to create safe, vibrant and sustainable communities.
This is an exciting and varied role which will utilise your great communication and community development skills.
You will be responsible for:
The coordination, implementation and evaluation of tenant activities and events increase tenants social and economic participation;
Working with tenants to connect them to local activities and services and to participate and provide feedback on the future direction of Compass tenant programs and initiatives;
Working with the Tenancy Management team to identify tenants whose tenancies are at risk and provide referrals to support services to seek appropriate resolutions to enable tenancy sustainability
Developing and maintaining stakeholder relationships which deliver positive outcomes for our tenants
Maintaining a list of local referral points and services to support tenants
You will adopt a community engagement approach to provide tenants and housing applicants with access to programs, activities and information that foster connections.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Diploma of Community Services or significant related work experience
- An understanding of Community Development principles and approaches and demonstrated experience in this area
- Experience in developing and implementing initiatives, programs and events that enhance tenant engagement, encourage feedback and maximise tenant participation
- Up to date knowledge around innovative and best practice methods in social inclusion, engagement and participation
- Strong commitment to customer service underpinned by a working knowledge of the principles of good service
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills to effectively engage and establish rapport with both external and internal stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to deal with difficult and challenging behaviours
- Experience coordinating events
- Ability to prioritise workload, use initiative and work independently
- Current unrestricted drivers’ licence
We offer a positive, values-based culture with ongoing learning and development for our people, attractive salary packaging and flexible working options.
How to apply:
When applying, please ensure you address the key selection criteria as part of your application.
Applications will be reviewed on receipt.
Please note, agency referrals will not be accepted for this role.