In March 2017, Compass hosted an event at City Hall in Newcastle; Ending Homelessness: The Big Ideas, where members of the community came together to hear the following speakers present on various existing concepts in eradicating homelessness. Links to individual presentations can be found by clicking on the names below.
- Professor David Adamson OBE - Compass Housing
- Sonya Keep - CEO, Common Ground Qld
- Belinda McDaid - Special Projects Manager, Matthew Talbot Homelessness Service (St Vincent de Paul) - Newcastle Registry Week
- Brad Webb - Chair, Hunter Foyer Project
- Michael Neilson & John Cross - City Sleep Safe
- Mark Weber - This Way Home
- Dr Jennifer Waterhouse - Newcastle University
The next steps for this initiative are to develop a community collaborative to support some of these concepts and continue the momentum of eradicating homelessness in our region.