In March 2017, Compass hosted an event at City Hall in Newcastle; Ending Homelessness: The Big Ideas, where members of the community came together to hear the following speakers present on various existing concepts in ending homelessness. Links to individual presentations can be found by clicking on the names below.
- Professor David Adamson OBE - Compass Housing
- Sonya Keep - CEO, Common Ground Qld
- Belinda McDaid - Special Projects Manager, Matthew Talbot Homelessness Service (St Vincent de Paul) - Newcastle Registry Week
- Brad Webb - Chair, Hunter Foyer Project
- Michael Neilson & John Cross - City Sleep Safe
- Mark Weber - This Way Home
- Dr Jennifer Waterhouse - Newcastle University
Since then, a community collaborative steering group (The Big Ideas Homelessness Network) has been formed and meets regularly to support some of these concepts and continue the momentum of ending homelessness in our region.