Compass social housing tenants, if you're over 25, and your Compass branch office is Newcastle or East Maitland, you can now apply for a place in the Community Housing Industry Association (CHIA) NSW and NSW Government Cadetship Program. This cadetship offers 12-months paid employment with a community housing provider and training in property management and asset development through a Certificate IV in Social Housing.
HURRY APPLICATIONS CLOSE THIS FRIDAY 23 APRIL
You will need to include in your application:
- Your Unique Student Identifier number. If you don't have one, or if you have forgotten it, go to usi.gov.au/students
- A brief statement outlining why you would like to undertake the cadetship
- A copy of your identification (ID) e.g. NSW Drivers Licence, Passport, Australian Birth Certificate
About the program:
Certificate IV in Social Housing (CHC42215) is a nationally accredited qualification will provide foundation skills and knowledge in:
- understanding the community housing workplace,
- working with tenants and understanding their needs, and
- assessing and managing property maintenance and asset development.
Scheduled during work hours, training is delivered by industry and teaching experts with specialist knowledge and skills in the community housing sector. All trainers currently work in industry, hold a diploma or higher-level qualification in their relevant field, and a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
Both paid employment and training are for a 12-month period, with support provided in the workplace and throughout the course by dedicated Student Support Advisors, Mentors, Trainers and Work Placement Coordinators. Trainers will also work one-on-one with participants who require extra assistance to ensure the concepts and knowledge required are understood.
Download the Cadetship flyer
Cadetship Program - Cadet How to Apply Flyer March 2021.pdf